Fine tuning is the most powerful argument for God’s existence.
First, let’s review the structure of the fine-tuning argument.
The argument goes like this:
- The fine-tuning of the universe to support life is either due to law, chance or design
- It is not due to law or chance
- Therefore, the fine-tuning is due to design
Here are the facts on the fine-tuning:
- Life has certain minimal requirements; long-term stable source of energy, a large number of different chemical elements, an element that can serve as a hub for joining together other elements into compounds, a universal solvent, etc.
- In order to meet these minimal requirements, the physical constants, (such as the gravitational constant), and the ratios between physical constants, need to be withing a narrow range of values in order to support the minimal requirements for life of any kind.
- Slight changes to any of the physical constants, or to the ratios between the constants, will result in a universe…
View original post 1,119 more words